Frequently Asked Questions
For all other Police questions e-mail Greg Bohlen
1. Can I leave my vehicle on campus while I go out of town?
2. Can I do maintenance work on my vehicle while on campus?
3. Where is the closest place to CSM to get a Colorado Driver License?
4. Where can I park my recreational vehicle?
5. Can I skateboard on campus?
6. May I bring my dog to campus?
City ordinances and campus policy do not allow for pets or other animals to be tied up and left unattended in a public area. Pets must be on a leash and may not be brought inside any campus buildings.
7. Can I bring a firearm to campus?
Firearms are not allowed on campus except for on-duty law enforcement officers and individuals with a current State of Colorado concealed weapon permit. Out-of-state concealed weapon permits accepted by Colorado law are also permitted. All other firearms must be stored at the Public Safety Office.
8. Will Public Safety open a room or building for me?
Buildings are unlocked and locked on a scheduled basis. Emergency access is granted on a case-by-case basis. Please call Public Safety at 303-273-3333. After hours and weekend access information can be found here
Contact Public Safety
Administrative office hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to noon and 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
The office phone number is (303) 273-3333.
After hours, an on-duty Mines police officer can be reached by calling (303) 273-3333 and touching option 5 or by calling City of Golden Police Dispatch at (303) 384-8045.